Saturday 10am - 1pm - Watercolour with Iryna Haslam
Saturday 10am - 1pm
Water & Reflection in Watercolour
Class Materials will be provided for the first couple of lessons, and you will be advised on what would be beneficial for future classes and for practice at home.
The course comprises three workshops with very essential practical skills to create water scenes using a wide
range of watercolour techniques. The Water & Reflection is tailored for a very small group to deliver lots of
personal attention to each of the participants.
Closed online groups will be created by the tutor for the duration of
the course for additional support and encouragement of the students’ progress.
What is the course about?
WATER. Understand the shape and the image of the water in still and dynamic state. Learn the aerial
perspective and how to simplify shapes.
WATER REFLECTION. Get familiar with the laws of water reflection. Immerse in such a complex topic as
the reflection of boats in water.
THE INFLUENCE OF THE DAYLIGHT. Examine the image of water and reflection affected by different types of
BOATS. Get familiar with essential techniques to portray boats.
What participants will do
During the three consecutive workshops we will learn to portray waves of water, boats, work with mirror reflection
and its complex shape, master your own paintings with basic rules of composition. Following the tutor
demonstration, each workshop will be concluded with individual watercolour painting of water scenes based on
references provided by the tutor.
Is the course suitable for me?
● Do you see the world in the form of lines and bright colours?
● Are you already painting in watercolour and would like to enhance your practice with new techniques?
● Do you have inspiration to paint water, reflections, boats?
● Do you already have drawing and painting skills in other media but always wanted to try watercolour?
● Do you like Iryna’s paintings and are fascinated how she does that?
● Would you like to meet new arty friends and be part of a creative social group?
If you answer YES to one of these questions, then the Water & Reflection course is suitable for you!
Welcome on board!