Saturday 10am - 1pm - Watercolour with Iryna Haslam
Class Materials will be provided for the first couple of lessons, and you will be advised on what would be beneficial for future classes and for practice at home.
31/10/20 Lesson 3. Wet-in-wet cloudy sky.
- Learning essential techniques to portray clouds.
- Understanding different stages of water cycle in watercolour.
- Complete painting of the cloudy sky using photo reference.
- 07/11/20 Lesson 4. Essential techniques to paint meadow scene.
- Colour mixing and brush stroke options for illustrating grass
- Create a painting of local meadow scene.
- 14/11/20 Lesson 5. Lake side scene with rocks, grass and swans.
- Learning essential skills to portray rocks and birds
- 21/11/20 Lesson 6. Snow storm in the forest.
- Exploring a limited palette, different ways of application of masking fluid
- Create a painting of winter forest scene.
- 28/11/20 Lesson 7. Water Reflection.The Town Bridge over the River Welland.
- Concentrating on drawing/painting architecture, water reflections
- Exploring colour mixing techniques, limited palette.
- Create a painting of a bridge over the river.
- 05/12/20 Lesson 8. Stamford St. Mary’s church winter view.
- Concentrating on perspective, drawing buildings, day light and its effect
- Colour mixing techniques, limited palette
- Creating painting with festive views of Stamford’s famous church.
Is the course suitable for me?
● Do you see the world in the form of lines and bright colours?
● Are you already painting in watercolour and would like to enhance your practice with new techniques?
● Do you have inspiration to paint?
● Do you already have drawing and painting skills in other media but always wanted to try watercolour?
● Do you like Iryna’s paintings and are fascinated how she does that?
● Would you like to meet new arty friends and be part of a creative social group?
If you answer YES to one of these questions, then the course is suitable for you!
Welcome on board!